treasure island flea market

by

    Today I went to the Treasure Island Flea Market with my parents. I'd never been to treasure island so I was pretty excited. We got there and it was beautiful. It has perfect views of the bay bridge, golden gate, sf skyline, and alcatraz. There was an awesome array of vintage clothing and homemade things. The flea market is held the last weekend of every month and I hope to start going religiously. 
    My favorite part was this booth that had a ton of books. There's just something about shelves of books that make me so happy. As I was perusing the books I heard a guy say to a girl, "Have you ever read On the Road?"When I heard this I prayed she would leave it behind. I've wanted On the Road by Jack Kerouac for about a year now and my want for it has only increased with time. After a few minutes, sure enough, she put it down and when she left I snatched it up along with a few other books. All four books that i got were $12 all together. A good deal if you ask me especially since I'm incredibly excited to read all of them. 
    The last booth I went to before we left I found a tie-dye shirt dress and red (looks pink on camera) maxi skirt which were $5 each and he threw in a free tote bag along with it. There was so much cool stuff there and this huge statue of a lady dancing upon first entering. It was really cool. If you've never been to a flea market I definitely suggest going. A lot of interesting things and people are there and its just fun to immerse yourself in all of it. Until my next post, Elyse.